Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rest in Peace, Robin Williams

I heard about Robin William's passing on the radio while on the way to Laguna.  At first I could not believe my ears when the anchor was saying that it was an apparent suicide.  I was literally shaking my head in disbelief.

How is it a possible that a man who has brought so much laughter to millions of people would want to kill himself?

Comedians are often the saddest people.  I've heard this many times from comedians themselves.

The world mourns this man who has become a ubiquitous figure in many childhoods, youth.  He was Popeye, John Keating, Peter Pan, Jack, Mrs. Doubtfire, Bicentinnial Man, Genie... In one way or the other, he contributed to the romp and fun of our childhood. 

Russell Brand writes a beautiful piece on him.

I did not know this man personally.  But he was very much part of my growing up.

It's a sad way to go for a man who brought so much joy.  I pray for his peace.  That's the least I can do for the fun he's allowed me to have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment